Saturday, April 04, 2009

I just watched Devil Wear Prada.... I can see how critical is the working environment in the fashion industry ... Answering phone calls, jot down the notes, running here and there, making self looks nice, etc..(I can't list out everything)... and you would not have the time to take a break... I can see how Andrea (the personal assistant of Miranda, the Devil) put her efforts in her work. She MUST succeed in everything being told and then she sacrifice her friends, families, and boyfriend.... In the end of the story, she quit.

I am having a similar situation as Andrea did... and today I choose to quit too (Thanks to B). It has been reaching 11 months I involved myself in a working environment. It ain't easy as you think (probably you just stand there) because it is tiring... For some reasons I choose to take up this part time job just for the sake to prove I can do it myself... and Yess, I sacrifice my college life which used to be having fun with collegemates, classmates, friends, shopping, travelling, etc. But I really never regret for it because I know this is my choice...

Once I step into that kind of environment, I have to bear in mind and remind myself "I'll prove it !" But as this statement goes around months by months, it's no longer that important but it has become part of my life... I go college weekdays and work in the weekend.... I always asked myself, "Is this what I really want?" (Friends are having fun there and I am working), "Did I prove myself can live independantly?", or "What is the objective I am working for?" ... I am tired of everything... But what I have learned from there, I see different kind of peoples, I see how cruel the world looks like sometimes, I gained experiences, understand money is not easy to earn, etc..... At least, I LEARNED !

Today I finally feels tired. I am tired of working. B used to told me "you should have enjoy your college life." and now I'll start enjoy my college life with loads of assignments and exams.... Fiuh. I really have to really work hard and take a reallyyyyyyy LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG break.... and now you should have support me ! (especially YOU!)

GOOD LUCK! (:

No comments: